Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Soul Never Stops or Forgets


A book with yellowed pages
A perfumed handkerchief
A crinkled chocolate wrapper
And the iced tea that cooled
My throat and your anger


A missed call stored
A text message saved
A mail with a picture archived
And the conversation that warmed
My heart and your soul


A song posted on a site
A remedy to cure my back ache
A joke to make me smile
And the finger you deliberately cut
For me to kiss, for you to sigh

A crooked winking smile
A stolen sparkling look
A friendly pat on the head
And the single hug that smothered
Forever, desires mine and yours


Have been lying on my pillow
Each night since you left
Numbing my mind and heart
Making me sleep and start

But today I gathered them all
And poured them in my soul
Believing what Rumi once said
The Soul will never stop or forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment